Postdoctoral Research Associate
Adriana L. Romero-Olivares
We explore how fungi respond and adapt to global climate change to assess impacts to our ecosystems and to answer questions important in microbial ecosystem ecology and microbial evolution. Our main goal is to provide knowledge that will help us plan and mitigate the effects of global warming on Earth, while answering long-standing questions on microbial ecology and ecosystem-level consequences on biogeochemical cycles.
News for Fall 2023
- We're looking for PhD students to join our lab. Please click the people tab for more info.
- We're also looking for two Research Assistants: https://careers.nmsu.edu/jobs/research-asst-inter-las-cruces-new-mexico-united-states-fe309afc-6616-4d70-978f-924fa28ea44b
- Welcome Maya, Karim, Meghan, and Caleb who started working in the lab in Fall 2023.
News for Summer 2023
- Welcome Caleb and Harrison who will be working in our lab during the summer.
- Congratulations to Jessica for graduating with her Bachelor's Degree in Biology.
- Good luck to Andrea on her new job! We will miss her! And welcome to Jessica who will be our lab manager during the summer.
News for Spring 2023
- Good job Sarah, Emily, and Shad for presenting a poster, and Daniela for giving a talk, at the Biosymposium 2023
- Congrats to Daniela for winning best talk at the URCAS (Undergraduate Research and Creative Arts Symposium) at NMSU!
- Congrats to Sarah and Emily for winning the Jornada LTER GRFP
- Good job Marcos, Abril, and Shad for presenting posters at URCAS and the Biosymposium 2023
- Congrats to Sarah for winning 2nd place on the 5-minute thesis competition at Research and Creativity week 2023!